Re: [scrumdevelopment] SCRUM with Fixed Price Contracts

  • Vickydhiman
    Message 1 of 78 , Jul 3, 2006
      Sammy Larbi <sam@...> wrote:

      >>If you can not vary price, why not vary scope or quality.

      Once a project is in execution stage - only quality that will be passed by the customer would be highest one in his eyes. You need to have some very good metrics to define quality. Fixing scope is probably "comparitively easier" but there is only as much leverage that can be achieved with it.

      One of the solution we are working on is: Have fixed products - recycle them [i.e. reduce the customization part to almost zero or nil - thats where trouble creeps in].

      Another we are working on is dedicated teams billed on monthly basis.

      Thanks

      Vicki

      Ron: I will reply to your question on the loop shortly :)

    • Adrian Howard
      Message 78 of 78 , Jul 5, 2006
        On 5 Jul 2006, at 16:33, Vickydhiman wrote:

        > Hello Sammy:
        > Developers create the estimates based on specifications done by
        > Analysts. For most cases, estimates already exists and are pulled
        > from the database.
        [snip]

        How accurate are the estimates pulled from the database? What happens
        when they're wrong?

        Who decides that the developer has met the analysts spec?

        Adrian