Re: [scrumdevelopment] Ill informed and stupid discussion on Agile over at Slasdot.

  • Jim Hyslop

      David H. wrote:
      > Some of the comments are plain idiotic

      I never could see the point of slashdot. Your subject line sums up just
      about every discussion I've ever seen there, no matter what subject it was.

      - --
      Jim Hyslop
      Dreampossible: Better software. Simply. http://www.dreampossible.ca
      Consulting * Mentoring * Training in
      C/C++ * OOD * SW Development & Practices * Version Management
    • Malcolm Anderson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
        Slashdot is a useful service if you know how to read it.

        The tricky thing is that Slashdot is the arena in which trolling is
        played, the real trick being how to tell a trolling post from an
        informative post (quick hint, if you are at all irritated, it was a
        troll, if you are about to pound out a hostile response, it was a
        GREAT troll).

        This was the first link I could find to the great and wonderful
        "slashdot howto troll guide"
        http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=25284&cid=2748872

        Long story short, a troll is scored by the raw number of responses it
        generates, "plain idiotic" posts tend to score higher than "well
        thought out informative posts".