Re: Project manager interviews

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Pete Deemer"
      <petedeemer@...> wrote:

      > I guess that hinges on what your definition of "useful" is.
      >
      > if your approach to the interview is "get hired at any cost", it may
      > not be useful -- there are people out there who have an aversion to
      > either what they perceive Scrum to be, or what Scrum actually is --
      > and there's some chance your prospective employer is one of them. but
      > then, wouldn't you like to know this before you start working there?
      > which brings us to the other definition of "useful" -- "showing who
      > you really are, and who they really are, so everyone can get a sense
      > of whether the fit is right" -- and in that context, discussing scrum
      > could be a really good thing. ...

      Yes, I got a BA job a few years ago that way. They specifically wanted
      someone to bring in process knowledge, and I think they had RUP in
      mind. I told them I could do it with less overhead, with less
      formality (they had a rather informal work style). They liked that...
      and had they not liked it, I wouldn't have wanted the job. :-)

      (We trained 2 more CSMs, implmented Scrum and won over a rather
      negative customer with transparency and committment).

      deb