Test First Business Model - an interesting experiment

  • Robin Dymond
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006

      I thought this company would be interesting to the Agile community:

      The founders are ex Thoughtworkers, and the company is taking the Agile/XP approach to its logical extension. They are absolutely minimizing the time before release, and then continuing development or killing the project based on market response. They call these market tests.

      In 4 months since the company started it has released 6 market tests for different products, is generating revenue, and is completing a major web portal for opening this model up so that anyone can participate. All you need is an idea that can survive/thrive in a Darwinian market.

      I think the company is a wonderful experiment that will certainly inform future online business models.

      cheers,
      Robin.