Re: Slacking teams (was:Nitty-gritty detail of updating Scrum artifa

  • Leo Zancani
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
      Message
      > On Thursday, June 29, 2006, at 2:10:01 AM, Leo Zancani wrote:
      >
      > > In his world (chartered accountancy), anyone who during work time is
      not
      > > directly fiddling with
      their deliverables 100% of the time is slacking.
      > > In the end, we have had to agree to disagree (which I realise I am very
      > > fortunate in having the authority to do). But he still thinks that
      the
      > > team are
      slack.
      [Ron Jeffries wrote:]
      > What makes you think that they aren't?

      They deliver substantial business value each iteration; their productivity matches my expectations from experience; our customers are delighted...

      > And what makes you think that

      having people visibly playing games in front of the FD is a good
      > idea?

      It clearly isn't - the next part of the story was obviously a conversation with the team about not (accidentally) baiting execs... :)

      I was providing anecdotal evidence of how the "are they slacking" question can come to be asked, even when a team is delivering well.

      class=691225012-29062006>And ... can you get him to turn his screen, and those of a few of
      > his people so
      that you can see them? :)

      Now that _does_ exceed my authority :)

      Rgds,