The Scrum "Lifecycle"?

  • Jimi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2006
      I've been reading "Agile & Iterative Development: A Manager's Guide"
      to try and gain some insight into how to explain (and justify) Scrum
      to senior level managers & executives. I'm a CSM and have read most of
      the literature on Scrum/Agile software development. I came across
      something in Craig Larman's book in the section on Scrum that he calls
      "the Scrum lifecycle". He describes it as: Planning --> Staging -->
      Development --> Release. This not something I've come across before.
      My question for the group is whether or not you've heard this
      description and if Scrum does in fact have a "lifecycle" in the
      traditional sense.

      Thanks,

      Jimi
    • Robin Dymond