RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Big Picture at the Daily Scrum

  • Ilja Preuss
    Message 1 of 65 , Jun 11, 2006
      > On Friday, June 9, 2006, at 7:49:00 AM, Hubert Smits wrote:
      >
      >> Ain't you also working down to zero /in a Sprint/? I have x folks who
      >> have y days remaining in the sprint, so I can burn x times y days. If
      >> the amount of work at any given day exceeds this number I have
      >> something to think about. I have to add though: I am thinking from
      >> 'pure scrum' perspective - no change of scope during the sprint.
      >
      > Don't your teams add and remove tasks during the sprint? Or are you
      > burning backlog items, even though the team is working tasks?

      I'm not Hubert, but *we* are definitely burning *and working* backlog items.
      We still use tasks for estimation, and they seem to be helpful; but when we
      try to work them, we almost invariably find that we need to break down the
      work differently from the breakdown for estimation, and that we can't really
      plan how to break the work itself down into meaningful tasks.

      Perhaps it's just us...

      Cheers, Ilja

      --
      "Information Radiation in Practice -
      Communication Tools for Colocated Teams"

      Tutorial at the XP2006 conference, Oulu
      www.xp2006.org
      17.06.2006
    • Ilja Preuss