Re: [scrumdevelopment] What is FogBugz and is it Agile-friendly?

  • Alex Pukinskis
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2006
      Re: [scrumdevelopment] What is FogBugz and is it Agile-friendly? I’ve worked with two companies who have used FogBugz.  It’s a great bug tracker; very well designed, and very easy to log bugs.  However, in both companies:

      • They very quickly accumulated an enormous backlog of bugs
      • They kept creating new bugs and not worrying about this because it was so easy to keep track of them.

      Obviously if you have software being used by customers, you should keep track of the issues they find.  But a key component of success with Scrum is ensuring that whatever Product Backlog Items are accepted at the end of the Sprint are bug-free.  Sure, log bugs you’ve found in old features.  Logging any bugs on new features is a slippery quality slope.

      -Alex

      On 06 02 2006 10:49 AM, "Deb" <deborah@...> wrote:

      Hello friends.

      I've noticed that Fog Creek (Joel Spolsky and co) have released
      FogBugz 5. "FogBugz helps you make better software by tracking,
      prioritizing, and coordinating the thousands of small tasks a
      development team has to do. "

      Well, we all know a number of tools that do that - in support of some
      basic agile practices like "backlogs" and "customer-controlled
      prioritization".

      I've seen Spolsky criticise XP and other Agile practices in the past
      (sometimes justifiably, we are not perfect, just right :-) tee-hee)...
      but since Scrum "is just common sense", I wonder if by any chance
      their version of common sense syncs up happily with ours?

      Can anyone here offer an educated opinion on whether FogBugz is
      agile-friendly?

      Thanks
      deb

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS