Re: [scrumdevelopment] Big Picture at the Daily Scrum

  • David H.
    Message 1 of 65 , Jun 1, 2006
      > How can one improve the team's sense of the big picture, as well as the urgency/commitment around completing the iteration?

      Well personally I think that is what you have a ScrumMaster for. Self
      organisation is great, but I do feel there should be something there
      to have a look at the big picture. And contrary to some, I do feel the
      ScrumMaster has to have the role of a leader sometimes.

      -d
    • Ilja Preuss
      Message 65 of 65 , Jun 11, 2006
        > On Friday, June 9, 2006, at 7:49:00 AM, Hubert Smits wrote:
        >
        >> Ain't you also working down to zero /in a Sprint/? I have x folks who
        >> have y days remaining in the sprint, so I can burn x times y days. If
        >> the amount of work at any given day exceeds this number I have
        >> something to think about. I have to add though: I am thinking from
        >> 'pure scrum' perspective - no change of scope during the sprint.
        >
        > Don't your teams add and remove tasks during the sprint? Or are you
        > burning backlog items, even though the team is working tasks?

        I'm not Hubert, but *we* are definitely burning *and working* backlog items.
        We still use tasks for estimation, and they seem to be helpful; but when we
        try to work them, we almost invariably find that we need to break down the
        work differently from the breakdown for estimation, and that we can't really
        plan how to break the work itself down into meaningful tasks.

        Perhaps it's just us...

        Cheers, Ilja

        --
        "Information Radiation in Practice -
        Communication Tools for Colocated Teams"

        Tutorial at the XP2006 conference, Oulu
        www.xp2006.org
        17.06.2006