Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Do you count weekends in your burn down chart?

    Message 1 of 51 , Jun 1, 2006
      On Thursday, June 1, 2006, at 6:57:24 AM, David H. wrote:

      >> I don't understand what you are getting at. Could you please elaborate?
      >>
      > Assuming we are talking about a simple, linear trendline and not a
      > weighted one that takes other burn down charts into account, the
      > trendline is just a rather inaccurate representation on a mathematical
      > level where you are right that moment. Usually the confidence value
      > will be quite high because we tend to get roughly the same amount of
      > work done every day (I said roughly), however that should not fool you
      > into thiking the amount of data you have collected is nearly enough to
      > make a sensible projection. And most techies would know that?

      My guess is that the trendline is the way to bet, if a line fits at
      all well. I'd consider the error bars if I were a fanatic.

      But the main reason to draw the line, for me, is that it's the line
      that induces the customer to start to manage scope.

      The central "e" in "Jeffries" is silent ... and invisible.
    • Nicholas Cancelliere
      Message 51 of 51 , Jun 24, 2006
        I do not unless your team is planning on working weekends all the time, and lets hope not!  :-)

        -Nick