Re: [scrumdevelopment] Good article on "Product Champions"

  • Linda Rising
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2003
      Thanks, Mike!

      I should have a pdf for my website in a couple of months.

      I'll let everyone know when it's posted.

      Mike Cohn wrote:

      In case you haven’t seen the new issue of STQE (www.stqemagazine.com) there’s a good article called “The Product Champion” in it by Linda Rising. Linda’s also written about Scrum in the past (IEEE Software, July 2000, at http://members.cox.net/risingl1/articles/IEEEScrum.pdf) and has other agile-related articles reachable via www.agilealliance.com/articles.

      The new article is good because it focuses on what the product champion (perhaps “Product Owner” in Scrum but a little ScrumMaster mixed in as well) is responsible. Especially valuable is that the article offers advice for what to do when no Product Champion is available.

      I’m not aware of the article being online anywhere yet but STQE is worth subscribing to so you can get it that way.

      -Mike