Re: [scrumdevelopment] Do you count weekends in your burn down chart?

  • Mike Cohn
    Message 1 of 51 , May 29, 2006
      I don't. I count any work burned down as "bonus progress for Monday".
      If you do otherwise you get a lot of flat spots on the burndown
      chart. I want a flat spot to draw my attention rather than just be a
      normal thing like a weekend.

      Regards,
      Mike Cohn
      Author:
      Agile Estimating and Planning
      User Stories Applied
      www.mountaingoatsoftware.com

      On May 29, 2006, at 4:09 PM, Don Parker wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > This is a newbie question. Do you include weekend days on your burn
      > down charts, or do you only list total number of working days for the
      > sprint?
      >
      > cheers,
      > dp

      > ~-->
      > Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy
      > technology. It's free.
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/9EfwlB/TM

    • Nicholas Cancelliere
      Message 51 of 51 , Jun 24, 2006
        I do not unless your team is planning on working weekends all the time, and lets hope not!  :-)

        -Nick