Daily Scrum Meeting Question

  • robertallenhenley
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2003
      Can a chicken offer help to remove an impediment or toward making a
      decision during a daily scrum meeting? Or should they approach the
      Scrum Master afterwards?

      Robert Henley
      Software Architect and Engineer
      Java/J2EE, XML, and Web Applications
    • Mike Cohn
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2003
        Personally, I'd let the chicken say, "I can help with that, let's talk after
        the meeting." I wouldn't let it go into a discussion of how, though.

        Maybe I'm not as hard-line as I should be about chickens but I let them
        volunteer for things during a daily scrum ("Oh, I can clarify that
        requirement" is common), they just can't ask questions or do anything that
        prolongs the meeting.

        -Mike

        Message 3 of 4 , May 22, 2003
          ScrumMaster afterwards. Who knows where their actions will lead, and if it
          will only encourage the other chickens to cluck.
          Ken

          Message 4 of 4 , May 22, 2003

            Hi Ken,

            Seems I can no longer email you L, is there a problem with your email address, or can I assume verizon.net is being blocked by china ?

            On a more normal note: Congratulations on what sounds like a great training session on Scrum, J

            PS: sorry to use list for this.

            Scott Worley – Stuck in SARS’ville Shanghai , China …

              CTO – IT Resources China