FW: Proposal for text to be put into e-blast...Please review (note postscript ad)

  • Mary Poppendieck
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2003

      AgileAlliance has put together a great conference.  Find out more at http://agiledevelopmentconference.com/.

      Dear Agile friend and colleague,

      Due to the soft economy around the world, we have decided to lower the registration prices to make it easier to attend the Agile Development Conference in Salt Lake City, June 25-28.

      Formerly, registration for the conference, including all tutorials, peer-to-peer exchanges, papers, talks and receptions, was $1,589 until May 31, and $1,789 after that. Groups of 10 or more received a discounted rate of $1,429 until May 31, and each group of 10 paying attendees received a complimentary additional registration.

      We just made three modifications to the prices to make it less expensive to attend:

      * The Early-Bird prices are being extended until the end of May: $1,464 for full, individual registration.
      * The group rate of $1,429 is being offered for groups of 5 or more people paying at the same time.
      * A complimentary registration is offered for each group of 8 paying attendees.

      We have also added one more option for those living close to the conference venue or otherwise able to take advantage of it:

      * Attend any single tutorial or technical exchange for just $350.

      This conference is a significant technical event not lightly to be missed. The keynote speaker is Gerald Weinberg. Alan McCormack of the Harvard School of Business is giving a keynote at the Executive Summit. Tutorials are being given by the top-rung agile experts: Robert Martin, Jim Highsmith, Ron Jeffries, Alistair Cockburn, Craig Larman, Scott Ambler, and many more. You will have a chance to speak with these notables in the social and technical exchanges during the conference.

      We hope that with these reductions and enhancements, you and your colleagues will be able to attend this significant event.

      Could you please be so kind as to forward this email to your XP, pattern or agile discussion group for their attention, and to anyone else you know who is interested in the conference.

      Alistair Cockburn - Conference Chair