Conference recommendations for the next year

  • Mark Levison
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2006
      I was just asked to submit a list of the conferences/training I would like to attend in the next year.

      My list currently includes: A CSM course, GTD Roadmap seminar ( http://www.davidco.com/seminars/seminar_the_roadmap.php). Now I'm looking for a good Agile conference - hopefully one where I can meet many of the people on this list.

      Are there any recommendations? Is Agile 2006 worth attending ( http://www.agile2006.org)? Are there other good choices.

      BTW I'm well aware the value of books and reading, I'm looking to a conference to augment what I've already read and to build relationships.

      Thanks in advance for any feedback
      Mark
      Blog: http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/mlevison/
    • David H.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2006
        Mark Levison wrote:
        <snip>

        > Are there any recommendations? Is Agile 2006 worth attending (
        > http://www.agile2006.org)? Are there other good choices.

        Yes, it should be a must.
        You should also attend the Scrum gatherings. And the main XP gathering is a
        good idea as well.
      • Mark Levison
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2006

          > Are there any recommendations? Is Agile 2006 worth attending (

          http://www.agile2006.org)? Are there other good choices.

          Yes, it should be a must.
          You should also attend the Scrum gatherings. And the main XP gathering is a
          good idea as well.

          Sadly Agile 2006 occurs while I'm vacation this year so I won't be attending. I'm not yet a certified CSM - thats the first thing I asked for. But I assume it will happen soon. In the mean time how do get some details on the next Scrum gathering so I can give my a manager a reason to cover it? Heck how do even find out the costs? The link on the Scrum alliance page requires a CSM login.

          Thanks in advance for any help