Re: [scrumdevelopment] Digest Number 305

  • Jeff Sutherland
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2003
      Leonardo,
      As you will see from some of the slides in my Scrum Theory presentation, 2-3
      person teams are twice as productive as 7 person teams.

      Seven person teams are the maximum when you want to deliver as soon as
      possible no matter what the cost. It takes a little longer for a 2-3 person
      team to deliver a project of fixed size than a 7 person team.

      See: http://jeffsutherland.com/papers/OTUG2003/Scrum_Theory.htm

      Jeff Sutherland

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:47:52 -0300
      From: "Leonardo Gabriel Moreno" <lgmdpl@...>
      Subject: What about 2-3 people teams?

      Hi group.

      I've a little doubt...

      We are migrating from RUP to SCRUM for the project management... We are 30
      people, in teams composed by 1 domain-analyst document-writer and 1 or 2
      programmers. Following the discussions here i saw that most teams are 7
      people, and talk about the loss of productivity in bigger teams... but, what
      about very small teams?

      Should we break our structure and organize ourselves in bigger teams? What
      do you think?

      Thank you very much in advance.

      Best regards,

      Leo