Re: [scrumdevelopment] Best Agile book for a Manager?

  • Keith Sader
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 25 11:01 AM
      <snip>

      > I'm leaning towards Craig Larman's "Agile and Iterative Development: A
      > Manager's Guide" - because it seems to have a good mix of abstract and
      > practical information. I also considered Jim Highsmith's " Agile Project
      > Management" and Alistar Cockburn's "Agile Software Development" but neither
      > has enough practical detail around specific methodologies.

      Mr. Larman's book is great, but if your manager has time to read only
      one book, the book he should read is _Peopleware_ by Tom DeMarco and
      Timothy Lister. IMO Scrum, XP, TDD, FDD, etc. are all tools that
      attempt to move a software team into Peopleware territory.

      To paraphrase Hillel: What is hateful to Peopleware do not do to your
      software team; the rest is just commentary. :-)

      fwiw,
      --
      Keith Sader
      ksader@...