[scrumdevelopment] What about 2-3 people teams?

  • Leonardo Gabriel Moreno
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24 3:47 AM
      Hi group.

      I've a little doubt...

      We are migrating from RUP to SCRUM for the project management... We are 30
      people, in teams composed by 1 domain-analyst document-writer and 1 or 2
      programmers. Following the discussions here i saw that most teams are 7
      people, and talk about the loss of productivity in bigger teams... but, what
      about very small teams?

      Should we break our structure and organize ourselves in bigger teams? What
      do you think?

      Thank you very much in advance.

      Best regards,

      Leo
    • Leonardo Gabriel Moreno
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29 6:04 PM
        Thank you, Jeff. It was very helpful

        Leonardo,
        As you will see from some of the slides in my Scrum Theory presentation, 2-3
        person teams are twice as productive as 7 person teams.

        Seven person teams are the maximum when you want to deliver as soon as
        possible no matter what the cost. It takes a little longer for a 2-3 person
        team to deliver a project of fixed size than a 7 person team.

        See: http://jeffsutherland.com/papers/OTUG2003/Scrum_Theory.htm

        Jeff Sutherland