Re: Scrum Ownership

  • rhythmstar
    Message 1 of 99 , Apr 3, 2006
      I think someone else said that Scrum is a path, not a destination. I
      agree with that.

      People always want pat solutions. I think there are none, only things
      that worked in specific situations. The beauty of Scrum is that it is
      so simple, you can customize it to your situation. I think that's
      what Jeff's paper describes -- a very successful customization of
      Scrum to a specific situation. Your milage *will* vary.

      There are plenty of things to learn from the paper, but I don't think
      cookbook recipes that can be cookie-cuttered onto different
      organizations are among them. I could be wrong, but I still think one
      needs to let the solution emerge from the people and forces at hand.

      IOW, "improvement" must consider that most optimization is local.

      Bill House

    • mike.dwyer1@comcast.net
      Message 99 of 99 , Apr 4, 2006
        Dave:
        WOW  What a huge difference from your posts a year ago.  You really need to tell us more about how you got to the point the customer capacity to absorb DONE was saturated.

        Congratulations.

        --
        Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott, The Spiritual Life

        The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground. ~Author Unknown

        From: David A Barrett <dave.barrett@...>