RE: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Ownership

  • Mike Dwyer
    Message 1 of 99 , Apr 1, 2006
      Common sense is your button, "Ideal is mine."

      Can I assume that we agree that 'ideal refers to a single truth model"?

      I am now at the point where I am having a hard time with "ideal" is a vision
      because the people I am helping see ideal as what works better today than
      yesterday and as long as it works tomorrow, don't change it.

      I am not going to try to win their hearts and minds on this one either.
      Why? Because like truth, ideal has a shelf life when you are dealing in an
      emerging solution.

      Maybe that is why various parts of my anatomy are not in a wringer over all
      this. Jeff's use of scrum did not evolve into an advanced form, I see what
      he did is find Scrum and his organization changing to make best use of what
      they had, that is to say create an ideal that fits the truth of their
      business.

      Try this analogy out, Scrum is like learning to waltz, three beats, three
      steps, act civily to your partner, communicate where you are going next,
      don't fight over the lead and apologize when you step on a teammates toes.

      There you are dancing.

      Jeff is doing the waltz to, the difference is the 3 beats are coming faster,
      the people he is dancing with like to move at the speed of light and also
      want to do more things, like, dip and glide, and stuff within those three
      steps.

      Big deal, they still dance.

      I am doing the waltz too, but not on the same floor or the same band, nor
      even to the same music. It still has three beats and we are inventing moves
      that fit the place the dancers are. They stay inside the rules and they are
      ideal - for them at this time.

      Michael F. Dwyer

      "Planning constantly peers into the future for indications as to where a
      solution may emerge."

      Message 99 of 99 , Apr 4, 2006
        Dave:
        WOW  What a huge difference from your posts a year ago.  You really need to tell us more about how you got to the point the customer capacity to absorb DONE was saturated.

        Congratulations.

        --
        Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott, The Spiritual Life

        The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground. ~Author Unknown

        From: David A Barrett <dave.barrett@...>