RE: [scrumdevelopment] Smashing Tablets

  • Clinton Keith
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2006
      > From: David A Barrett
      >
      > Personally, I don't believe I've ever seen anything that would support
      the
      > notion that Scrum needs to "evolve", and I certainly don't see that as
      the
      > point of this group. Part of the beauty of Scrum is it's simplicity
      (at
      > one level), and it's lack of baggage. I remain open to the notion
      that
      > someone might one day come up with a bona fide improvement to Scrum,
      but I
      > reamain unconvinced that there's any underlying need to "evolve or
      become
      > extinct" at work right now.

      I couldn't agree more. The huge benefit we've seen with Scrum can be
      directly attributed to its simplicity. Our teams have artists,
      designers and programmers. You couldn't have a wider range of people
      who look at the world differently. I can't imagine throwing one of the
      more "evolved methodologies" at them. We'd end up wading through the
      practices (perhaps drowning) and never understanding the principles.

      This isn't to say we haven't modified things carefully after practicing
      Scrum for some time. At best, we'll share the modifications as stories
      at the next gathering. I love to hear about how others are modifying
      their Scrum practices for their own environment. The insights we gain
      from it are enormous.

      What's out there now is a beautiful template for anyone starting Scrum.
      Any tweaks to it should be done with extreme caution (like a
      constitutional amendment).