RE: [scrumdevelopment] Command and Control

  • mike.dwyer1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 29, 2006
      Drive here there and tell her you' will pick her up.  (two daughters, no hair left)  8^)
      --
      Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott, The Spiritual Life

      The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground. ~Author Unknown

      From: "Ken Schwaber" <ken.schwaber@...>

      The problem is habit. The managers have had thirty years of beatings that they are responsible for the success of the project. Even if they get the idea of self-managing teams, they still reserve the right to intervene if it looks like things might be going bad. It is very, very hard training to overcome. The analogy is that you have a teen age daughter that is going over to a friend�s house to study, at 10pm at night. However, she is dressed very differently than needed for study, is made up, and perfume is in the air. What do you do?

      Ken