Re: Representation (was: Front-end vs Back-end)

  • rhythmstar
    Message 1 of 110 , Mar 28, 2006
      FWIW, all of the scenarios Dion proposes are good alternatives, I think.

      In the case where the sales folks have been entering their issues into
      the tracking system all along, then they see their issues on the
      Product Backlog, and see what's in the Sprint Backlog, and might not
      even have to bring it up in the Daily Scrum.

      However, in no case does the Scrum process have to lead to any sort of
      tension between the team and the stakeholders. To the contrary, it
      provides a framework for making sure that does not occur.

      ;-)

      Bill House

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, dion.stewart@... wrote:

      > Quoting Mike Dwyer <mike.dwyer1@...>:
      >
      > > Option 3 (the third side of the coin)
      > > Hey that's really good input. Can you guys hook up and huddle
      with us on
      > > the TDD definitions. Look we could use some real solid examples
      that we
      > > can
      > > test to. Anybody got customers that would be interested in helping us
      > > understand?
      > >
      > > Wadda say I put you guys down for an update on where we stand on this.
      > > Tomorrow OK?
      > >
      > > Prioritization comes down to how much time one devotes to the
      actions
      > > their mouths stated were important.
      > >

      > Or how about this...
      >
      > The sales folks make their concerns known during planning of the
      upcoming
      > sprint. The scrum master pulls them into the team to assist with
      delivery of the
      > features they are concerned about. So, for the next sprint they are
      team members
      > and attend the daily standups as "pigs".
      >
      > or...
      >
      > The sales folks make their concerns known during planning of the
      upcoming
      > sprint. For whatever reasons they're unable to be full team members
      during the
      > sprint. A team member updates the story card for the feature in
      question and
      > writes on the back "test data sets the sales folks have concerns
      about" as
      > completion criteria on the back of the card.
      >
      > or...
      >
      > The sales folks identify some concerns in the middle of the sprint. They
      > understand the daily standup is not the place to raise their
      concerns because
      > they have been coached on how Scrum works so they pull the scrum
      master aside
      > and discuss how to get their concerns addressed in a manner
      efficient for
      > everyone involved. The scrum master identifies the team members
      working on the
      > feature in question and she makes sure the team members work with
      the sales
      > folks to flush out test data and verify the requirements for the
      story card.

      > Dion

    • rhythmstar
      Message 110 of 110 , Mar 28, 2006