Where's the collaboration/communication?

  • McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT)
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2006
      Figured I would throw in my two cents.

      1. We should acknowledge that all folks that subscribe to this list are important and not just those who are "experts".

      2. I agree that discussions should never digress into personal attacks but also appreciate the dialog that emerges from them as they have given me insight into how folks "perceive" certain issues. Seek first to understand, then to be understood. The struggle of perspective is always insightful.

      3. The importance of supporting the "community" does require the same behavior when participating with outsiders as it does with project teams. Skip, I am glad you are keeping us honest.

      http://duckdown.blogspot.com

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:32:12 -0000
      From: "sangel_or" <skip.angel@...>
      Subject: Where's the collaboration/communication?

      For a group that promotes the value of "individuals and interactions
      over processes and tools", I am disappointed by the lack of
      communication and collaboration as a group in some of these threads.
      I see more bickering and pissing matches as well as personal attacks
      against some of the experts in the group (who by the way take time out
      of their BUSY schedules to participate in this) than getting to the
      answers.

      I am a strong advocate for Agile and Scrum, and have enjoyed
      "listening in" on many of the threads in this group. I just wish
      that some in the group would live by the same values that they are
      trying to promote to their project teams. It shouldn't be about who is
      right and wrong as much as it seems to be recently in these posts.

      Let's get back to the real issues and resolve them as a group!

      confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
      strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
      destroy all copies.