Re:Scrum and Release Date

  • Jeff Sutherland
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15 5:04 AM
      The first Scrum was started at Easel Corporation in the 1993-94 time frame
      with a guaranteed delivery date given to the CEO in return for releasing all
      control over the management of the Scrum, other than the demo point at the
      end of each iteration.

      The team did a couple of hour long planning sessions and had a six month
      release cycle mapped out with 6 sprints.

      The development and management of what is now know as the burndown chart was
      directed to meeting the date - which was met on every Scrum every run at
      Easel Corporation.

      Jeff Sutherland