Naming: "Build Up Chart" vs "Burn Up Chart"

  • Russ Rufer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2003
      I met with Phil today and we discussed, amongst other things, the name
      "burn up chart". This name wasn't carefully selected--it was the most
      convenient way to get the idea across to one another quickly at a
      meeting of the Silicon Valley Patterns Group. It began as a quick,
      natural contrast to "burn down charts" where we identified the problem
      with undifferentiated scope and velocity measurements.

      As we hear some people considering the use of both charts for different
      purposes, our fear is that the naming similarity would cause unnecessary
      confusion.

      As we brainstormed, Phil suggested a fitting alternative:

      Build Up Chart

      - Russ