RE: [scrumdevelopment] Sprint Review vs Serial Report

  • Thierry Thelliez
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
      Here is what we usually do:

      1- Sprint Review with everybody around the table (dev team, support,
      marketing,...)
      1a- 5 minutes overview of the Sprint. A copy of the burndown chart
      is used to show the main events of the Sprint. Picks due to bug, support,
      sick leave,... The high level obstacles are discussed.
      1b- About 1hour: demos. This part is driven by a simple digital
      picture of a white board we have in our 'team room' during the Sprint. We go
      through everything we can demo. This is where we have some 'serial-report'
      type of attitude. For the items we cannot demo we also briefly discuss what
      happened (obstacles, issues,...).
      1c- About 5 to 30 minutes: We discuss what should be on the next
      Sprint. In general the top of the product backlog has already been well
      discussed in another forum. We usually have some last minute support request
      that we negotiate against the other backlog items.

      2- Sprint Retrospective and Planning: (dev team)
      2a- Introspection for 5 minutes: What can we do different? We have 2
      week Sprints and I rarely get any inputs here... (I will use some of the
      ideas I have seen in this thread to improve here).
      2b- Planning for about 30 minutes: From Sprint Review Inputs we
      update our Team white board. Because we have different skills and expertise,
      we always have the same people signing for the same task types. The UI will
      be done by the UI developer... This is probably where having heterogeneous
      team members is not helping people seeing outside their tasks.

      Thierry Thelliez