RE: [scrumdevelopment] Personal Scrum Process?

  • drc@outformations.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
      Me too...

      I've been using GTD for a couple of years now but I've recently added "BurnDown Task Estimates" to help organize & manage my daily tasks and activities. If I end up with more than about 4-5 estimated hours in a day I know that I'll need to renegotiate with the PO (me <grin>).

      I've also been enjoying Mike Cohn's concept of mini-sprints...  20-30 min focused work time...no interruptions of any kind allowed (except the burning building kind)... I use a little desktop timer... definitely helps get and keep traction...

      At the end of each day I prep for tomorrow and at the beginning of each day I reprioritize my existing tasks and then start my serial sprints...

      Works better for me than anything else I've tried....

      YMMV (your mileage may vary)...

      D ;-)

      --David Chilcott
      drc@...
      www.outformations.com
      510.655.7122 Voice

      Keep Breathing.  Tell the Truth.  Be Fearless.  Choose Love.

      Ash Tengshe <atengshe@...>
      Sent by: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com

      03/02/2006 01:02 PM

      Please respond to
      scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com

      scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      cc
      Subject
      RE: [scrumdevelopment] Personal Scrum Process?

      I use a BurnDown for my weight loss goals and I plan to do monthly retrospectives on why things went how they did and what can be improved. :O)

      Jeff Heinen <jheinen@...>
      wrote:

      David Allen's "Getting Things Done" seems to philosophically align with
      scrum. It's a system of personal organization that has at its heart
      managing lists which are analagous to a product backlog, and each week
      ends with a review that is akin to the scrum review. It is a system that
      appears to be gaining rapid popularity with geeks and techies.

      Process"
      > ?    Would such a thing make sense?  I can see value
      in using a
      > Backlog for "personal" tasks. Would there be value in having
      > any type of process that individuals follow independently but
      > within the context of a Scrum team? (Can't call it 'PSP' of course.)

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Scrum

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      !DSPAM:44075d56251511268953590!