RE: [scrumdevelopment] Personal Scrum Process?

  • Ash Tengshe
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
      I use a BurnDown for my weight loss goals and I plan to do monthly retrospectives on why things went how they did and what can be improved. :O)

      Jeff Heinen <jheinen@...> wrote:
      David Allen's "Getting Things Done" seems to philosophically align with
      scrum. It's a system of personal organization that has at its heart
      managing lists which are analagous to a product backlog, and each week
      ends with a review that is akin to the scrum review. It is a system that
      appears to be gaining rapid popularity with geeks and techies.

    • drc@outformations.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
        Me too...

        I've been using GTD for a couple of years now but I've recently added "BurnDown Task Estimates" to help organize & manage my daily tasks and activities. If I end up with more than about 4-5 estimated hours in a day I know that I'll need to renegotiate with the PO (me <grin>).

        I've also been enjoying Mike Cohn's concept of mini-sprints...  20-30 min focused work time...no interruptions of any kind allowed (except the burning building kind)... I use a little desktop timer... definitely helps get and keep traction...

        At the end of each day I prep for tomorrow and at the beginning of each day I reprioritize my existing tasks and then start my serial sprints...

        Works better for me than anything else I've tried....

        YMMV (your mileage may vary)...

        D ;-)

        --David Chilcott
        drc@...
        www.outformations.com
        510.655.7122 Voice

        Keep Breathing.  Tell the Truth.  Be Fearless.  Choose Love.

        Ash Tengshe <atengshe@...>
        Sent by: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com

        03/02/2006 01:02 PM

        Please respond to
        scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com

        scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
        cc
        Subject

        wrote:

        David Allen's "Getting Things Done" seems to philosophically align with
        scrum. It's a system of personal organization that has at its heart
        managing lists which are analagous to a product backlog, and each week
        ends with a review that is akin to the scrum review. It is a system that
        appears to be gaining rapid popularity with geeks and techies.

        Scrum

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        !DSPAM:44075d56251511268953590!