Personal Scrum Process?

  • uncle_gaga
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
      Did I read somewhere that somebody devised a "Personal Scrum Process"
      ? Would such a thing make sense? I can see value in using a
      Backlog for "personal" tasks. Would there be value in having any type
      of process that individuals follow independently but within the
      context of a Scrum team? (Can't call it 'PSP' of course.)
    • Jeff Heinen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
        David Allen's "Getting Things Done" seems to philosophically align with
        scrum. It's a system of personal organization that has at its heart
        managing lists which are analagous to a product backlog, and each week
        ends with a review that is akin to the scrum review. It is a system that
        appears to be gaining rapid popularity with geeks and techies.

      • Ash Tengshe
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
          I use a BurnDown for my weight loss goals and I plan to do monthly retrospectives on why things went how they did and what can be improved. :O)

        • drc@outformations.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
            Me too...

            I've been using GTD for a couple of years now but I've recently added "BurnDown Task Estimates" to help organize & manage my daily tasks and activities. If I end up with more than about 4-5 estimated hours in a day I know that I'll need to renegotiate with the PO (me <grin>).

            I've also been enjoying Mike Cohn's concept of mini-sprints...  20-30 min focused work time...no interruptions of any kind allowed (except the burning building kind)... I use a little desktop timer... definitely helps get and keep traction...

            At the end of each day I prep for tomorrow and at the beginning of each day I reprioritize my existing tasks and then start my serial sprints...

            Works better for me than anything else I've tried....

            YMMV (your mileage may vary)...

            D ;-)

            --David Chilcott
            drc@...
            www.outformations.com
            510.655.7122 Voice

            Keep Breathing.  Tell the Truth.  Be Fearless.  Choose Love.

            Ash Tengshe <atengshe@...>
            Sent by: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com

            03/02/2006 01:02 PM

            Please respond to
            scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com

            scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
            cc
            Subject
            RE: [scrumdevelopment] Personal Scrum Process?

            wrote:

            David Allen's "Getting Things Done" seems to philosophically align with
            scrum. It's a system of personal organization that has at its heart
            managing lists which are analagous to a product backlog, and each week
            ends with a review that is akin to the scrum review. It is a system that
            appears to be gaining rapid popularity with geeks and techies.

            Scrum

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            !DSPAM:44075d56251511268953590!