Scrum tool in Ruby on Rails

  • Michael D. Ivey
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2006
      As those of you who shared any session with me at the Scrum Gathering
      in Boulder surely know by now, I /love/ Ruby on Rails.

      One of the things I love about it is how easy it is to scratch an
      itch and get something working.

      For the past few months, I've had an itch: I'm working on Agile
      projects with people who I cannot share a Big Board with. I need
      some lightweight tool to capture stories, group them in sprints, and
      mark them when they're done.

      So, I'm building one. http://scrumptio.us/ is the URL...it's not
      even really started yet.

      I'll be building this in a series of 1 day sprints. Sprint 1 will be
      in a week or so, and the goal is to get it to a point where I can use
      it to capture just the stories for THIS tool, so we can immediately
      eat our own dogfood.

      Why announce it now? Well, A) that appears to be the way all the
      cool kids do it; B) I'm inviting interested folks to be on the
      customer team and help me build a tool that's useful to someone other
      than me.

      So, if you're interested, visit the page and signup. I'll probably
      start a blog or something to talk about the progress, once there is
      some.

      Oh yeah, it'll be free for general use, for as long as it exists.
      And while I may share the code, it won't be intended as a
      downloadable app...it's a hosted service.