Re: SCRUM Project Management Tools

  • edn.blue
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2006
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "David H." <dmalloc@...>
      wrote:

      > edn.blue wrote:
      > > Hi, we have adopted scrum within the last six months. We are
      currently
      > > using spreadsheets to manage the various srum PM artifacts.
      > >
      > > Can anyone recommend any tools (freware or pay for) that they
      have had
      > > success with? Our need is immediate.
      > >
      > Why is there a need for such a tool?
      > What exactly are you trying to manage?
      > The Product backlog?
      > The Sprint backlog?
      > Upstream reporting?
      > The Burndown/Bunup charts?
      >
      > Do not get me/us wrong, but many here feel that you do not need a
      tool until
      > you have truly understood how the mechanics of scrum reporting work.
      >
      > Apart from that there is Version ONe, Scrumworks, Xplanner, Scrum
      Wiki, just
      > use your favorite search engine.
      >
      > -d

      Hi Dave,

      My need is the backlogs, upstream reporting and burndown. We have a
      dispersed team (PA and Colorado).

      I will check the references. As a PM, I am trying to understand my
      role in all of this within our organization. I have enrolled in CSM
      from Control Chaos, so I'm sure it will be progressively elaborated
      going foward.

      Thanks
      Ed