Interesting Question on Slashdot.

  • David H.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2006
      http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/06/02/01/2117240.shtml

      reads:

      I am in the somewhat unique position of being a technology worker, who lives
      outside of the IT department in my company (a very large organization in the
      US). By far, the biggest challenge I face is getting anything done due to the
      bureaucracy that exists, within IT. There are certain tasks (i.e. anything
      that happens in the data centers) that I don't have the access to do. Even a
      simple task, like installing more memory in a non-production server, can take
      nine months and massive mountains of paperwork (no exaggeration),.....

      -d