Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Self organization

  • mpkirby@frontiernet.net
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 2, 2006
      On 1 Feb 2006 at 21:21, Hubert Smits wrote:

      > No, the rule I use is that the team has to be prepared for the
      > planning meeting, which I measure by how well they are able to
      > estimate stories. In 1 extreme case I have a team working 2 sprints
      > ahead to clarify the stories. On average it will take them hours or
      > days. Do plan for this work!

      Yes. We did this in the past iteration. I think it worked very well. Basically we mixed
      "planning stories" into the general mix. THis allows us to focus the resources necessary to
      develop a set of stories that may stretch out over a longer period of time. THese stories
      become part of the backlog, and are prioritized and picked up in subsequent releases.

      Unfortunately due to the technical nature of the product, it's effectively impossible for a
      "customer" to just pick up a blank piece of paper and write enough information on it in order
      for us to provide a credible estimate. So a bit of work (10 to 15 hours for a group of related
      stories) may be necessary in order to get them on the backlog.

      Mike

      ---
      mpkirby@...
    • mpkirby@frontiernet.net
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 2, 2006
        On 1 Feb 2006 at 21:31, Hubert Smits wrote:

        > I appreciate your postings, and your openess, and willingness to
        > explore all behaviors, including your own. True ScrumMaster behavior,
        > keep going!

        Thanks for the feedback. It's a lot tougher than it looks.

        Mike

        ---
        mpkirby@...