Updates and xP@Scrum

  • Ken Schwaber
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2001
      New stuff has been put up on the www.controlchaos.com website,
      including more information about the newest Scrum book and recent
      articles at InformIT about advances in Scrum (emergence and self-
      organizing teams). The InformIT articles should be up in mid-October.

      Scrum has been employed successfully as a management wrapper for a
      significant part of the xP engineering practices. This provides xP
      with scalability, business value driven practices, and all of the
      empirical practices in Scrum. We're tentatively calling this
      combination xP@Scrum. xP@Scrum can be used for the traditional xP
      object oriented projects, or can be employed incrementally for non-OO
      projects. For more information or support implementing xP@Scrum,
      contact ADM. The Scrum and Agile Product/Project Management couse in
      Chicago on October 22nd and 23rd provides more details on xP@Scrum.
      See www.controlchaos.com for more information.

      Ken
    • Narsu, Uttam
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2001
        Ken,

        Thanks for the info. Please lose the @ symbol if you want people to find
        the methodology via a search engine. (Consider the difficulty Microsoft had
        with C#.) See http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22xp@Scrum%22 for the
        ugly results. Also, what relation does xp@Scrum bear to Mike Beedle's
        XBreed. I assume it's a name change.

        Uttam

        --
        Uttam M. Narsu
        Director, Giga Information Group

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2001
          For search engines, it's now xPatScrum. Logo is still xP@Scrum, but that's a
          graphic. Thanks for the pointer.
          xP@Scrum is different than xBreed, although both follow the same principles.
          One is Mike Beedle's, the other is mine.
          Ken

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 12, 2001
            > For search engines, it's now xPatScrum. Logo is still xP@Scrum, but
            > that's a graphic. Thanks for the pointer. xP@Scrum is
            > different than xBreed, although both follow the same principles.
            > One is Mike Beedle's, the other is mine.
            > Ken

            Ken:

            I think that is healthy.

            xP@Scrum is Scrum as an XP wrapper, and no doubt, it brings a lot of value.

            XBreed is that but is more than that:

            1) It relies heavily on Alexanderian ideas,
            2) It focuses on reusability,
            3) It allows a benign type of architect (a no-no in XP circles), and
            4) It grew out in the trenches i.e. it was not a concept before it was
            implemented

            I am interested in hearing Ken's opinions on this,

            - Mike

            Mike Beedle
            e-Architects Inc.
            beedlem@...