RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum Master

  • Ken Schwaber
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2001
      1. When you get over two teams sprinting at the same team on a project, you
      need to designate someone as the product architect. This person makes sure
      that each team selects product backlog that is top priority and has low
      coupling to the work of other teams. Too many interteam dependencies make it
      difficult for a team to self-organize. When multiple teams are on a project,
      hold a "scrum of scrums" after the daily Scrums where a key person
      represents each team and they report progress and status to each other. It
      helps the multiple teams self-organize their work.
      2. Selecting the next Sprint product backlog and setting a goal is usually
      done right after the end of Sprint review, when the results of that Sprint
      are still fresh in everyone's mind. It usually takes one to two hours. The
      team then meets to build their Sprint backlog, which might entail some
      design work; this meeting usually takes half a day to a full day, and might
      include some investigation.

      The book "Agile Software Development with Scrum" coming out Oct. 15 covers
      all of this. You can preorder it from Amazon.
      Ken