Re: [OT] Ca we please tone down the rhetoric?

  • Mike Beedle
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
      Carlton,

      I think there is something to be learned by the exchanges,
      (barring "name calling", which should never be done on a list of off
      the list of course):

      Our "agile history"

      Why is that important? Becaus, all of use can have a better idea as
      to how the "agile universe" emerged (as Tobias said) and how it came
      to be what is now.

      Imagine understanding the physical universe without the "big bang"
      theory.

      Not knowing "the origin of agile software development", XP or Scrum,
      would prevent us to realize where these methods/ideas came from, and
      to possibly (mis)identify important pragmatic contexts:
      where it works best/worst or does not work
      why it works there, or why it doesn't
      where it wouldn't work,
      what kind of people does it work best with, etc.

      Take these exchanges as if you were watching George Gamow -- the
      author of the "big bang theory", arguing with that lady that claims
      that the world is flat [1], created circa 1999, and supported by
      turtles "all the way down".

      Sorry -- *empirical evidence* shows otherwise,

      - Mike

      [1] According to urban legend, a famous scientist was confronted by
      a woman who insisted that the world is flat and rests on the back of
      a giant turtle. "But what does the turtle rest on?" he asked, hoping
      to disprove her belief by logic. "You're a clever man," she
      replied, "But it's turtles all the way down!"

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "banshee858"