RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum Master

  • Ken Schwaber
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2001
      Yes, I've run three teams at once. This works really well if the teams are
      all on the same project, harder if each team is on a different project
      (mostly because your mind overflows at times keeping track of things).
      Ken

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2001
        1. When you get over two teams sprinting at the same team on a project, you
        need to designate someone as the product architect. This person makes sure
        that each team selects product backlog that is top priority and has low
        coupling to the work of other teams. Too many interteam dependencies make it
        difficult for a team to self-organize. When multiple teams are on a project,
        hold a "scrum of scrums" after the daily Scrums where a key person
        represents each team and they report progress and status to each other. It
        helps the multiple teams self-organize their work.
        2. Selecting the next Sprint product backlog and setting a goal is usually
        done right after the end of Sprint review, when the results of that Sprint
        are still fresh in everyone's mind. It usually takes one to two hours. The
        team then meets to build their Sprint backlog, which might entail some
        design work; this meeting usually takes half a day to a full day, and might
        include some investigation.

        The book "Agile Software Development with Scrum" coming out Oct. 15 covers
        all of this. You can preorder it from Amazon.
        Ken