Time for an update to the manifesto?

  • David Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2003
      I thought I would cross post this thread from the FDD website where
      Philip Bradley - one of the original FDD team - is challenging the
      Agile Manifesto.

      As I know several of the original signatories are on this list, I
      thought some of you might like to reply to Phil.

      http://www.featuredrivendevelopment.com/node.php?id=531

      Here is a snippet...

      "Business people and developers must work together daily throughout
      the project."

      Doing what! In this principle Agile looks most like recycled RAD!
      RAD doesn't scale either in size or duration! FDD tries to formalize
      the interaction with the customer and keep an audit trail through a
      KMS both important to achieving scalability.

      --

      Note that I don't necessarily agree with what Phil is saying.
      However, for those of you who do not know him, he is a very deep

      Regards,

      David