      From: Your Name [mailto:scrum@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:59 PM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Agile Web Based Product - Usefull or a waste of time?

      Hi All

      I have been working on some ideas for writing a web based Agile (SCRUM)
      Project Management Tool using "Ruby on Rails".

      The main objective is too keep it simple, offer the bare minimum to
      manage an Agile Project.

      My thoughts so far are:

      +Project (Main details on project e.g. overview etc)
      +Sub Projects
      +Issues Log
      +Document Repository (attachments)
      +Requirements (User Stories and Notes)
      +Project Backlog
      +Sprint (Iteration Backlog i.e Tasks and resource allocation)
      +Sprint Estimates
      +Resourcing

      I know that there are mixed feelings amongst people, some say tools
      are a waste of time and that the best tools are things such as Excel
      sticky notes and paper :-)

      Im interested to hear from people on whether such a tool would be
      usefull, also keep in mind that it is also an opportunity for me to
      become proficient in Ruby

      Thanks

      Regards

      Graeme