886Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: daily status blogs

  • Pascal Roy
    Feb 12, 2003
      Thanks for sharing that Mary,

      I can't really point to specific products but my first impression is there
      has got to be some products out there that would allow you to do a lot of
      what you are looking for, no? Maybe I'm wrong. Or perhaps there are but
      everything is not in one well integrated product...

      Now that I thnk of it, I haven't been too impressed with the collaboration
      tools I've tried up to now (especially in terms of people in the team
      acutally using it even if they selected it)...

      But then again, it would seem to be really hard to provide a
      communication/cooperation tool that would fit all the needs of diverse teams
      working under different conditions. Maybe that's why there is nothing out
      there that has managed to stick...

      It really is an interesting problem. Is it me or does it feel like it has a
      tendency to polarize people in two camps? People looking for the tool to fix
      all their communication problems and people who say that tools are useless
      and you must communicate mano a mano to get things done anyway. But things
      are not always ideal and we must very often live with very real constraints.
      Perhaps there is a sweet spot in the middle where a good tool might actually
      support enhanced communication for remotely located (and even collocated)
      teams, we just need to figure what that is... Easier said than done...

      Pascal Roy