8341Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Critical Chain estimating

    Jul 7, 2005
      On Wednesday, July 6, 2005, at 5:03:19 PM, Simon Baker wrote:

      > The situation you describe is indeed similar. I was both the coach
      > and acting scrummaster. My difficulty was, i couldn't escalate to
      > management because, sadly, they really didn't want to know. They had
      > bigger issues deciding on strategies and company direction. It was a
      > huge time of flux. As i intimated, in the situation a decision had
      > to be made given the bigger picture, and unfortunately i was the
      > only one inline to make it. Ultimately, scrum did fail in this
      > environment because of the politics.

      Yes. I think I should have gone above them all, to the CIO. That
      would have brought the situation to a head, one way or another.

      > As an independent coach, the biggest challenges i encounter usually
      > relate to product owners.

      That's interesting ... how about a new thread on that?

      it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. --Seneca
    • Show all 44 messages in this topic