829RE: R: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum and RUP

  • Raul Fernandez
    Jan 14, 2003
      Dear Marco:

      Of course there is a big difference between UML and RUP.
      When I talk about a UML diagrams I mean an RUP artifact made by a RUP
      activity. I think like Adriano and Allan (and also Krutchen and several
      Rational folks) that RUP not only could be customized but must be.
      Indeed I think Scrum practics are a clean way to do it by almost
      replacing the activities of Project Management discipline.
      About the Ken first message (I did not see before)
      1. I really dont know if XP is better or worst by the XP plug-in in RUP.
      2. Yes I think there is a way to represent the Scrum Plug-in with the
      Rational Procces Workbench.
      3. IMHO You can considre another point of view. Why a Scrum Plug-in in
      RUP?. Why not a RUP plug-in in Scrum, or a XP plug-in in Scrum, or
      protototypical development(Genexus) plug-in in Scrum, or OMT plug-in in
      Scrum. We are developping a client server aplication (we have called
      Scrum Pro) and we have the RUP activities as a repository for the
      backlogs. When we are talking about adaptive process, we are mainly
      talking about adaptive process management.

      Best wishes:

      Raul