7633Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Requirements for Mission Critical systems

    Jun 1 10:01 AM
      On Wednesday, June 1, 2005, at 9:55:44 AM, David A Barrett wrote:

      > I wanted to go back to the original question; because I thought it was
      > interesting in itself and I'm not sure that the point of it wasn't missed.

      > To me, the key factor was that the system was very low in user interface.
      > This makes it difficult to write User Stories because so much of the
      > specific things that need to happen are out of control of the user, or are
      > hidden from them.

      User stories doesn't mean GUI users.

      > So I was wondering, do the "users" in User Stories need to be people?
      > Could you write a User Story that treats external systems and internal
      > modules as "users"? Something like, "In order to notify the dispach
      > processor of a completed request, the xyz system can send a request for a
      > routing priority when the abc module is fully commited"?

      Tell us what this system does. Who wants it, what do they want it to
      do?

      > Am I crazy?

      Quite possibly. I, on the other hand, have release papers certifying
      that I am not. Nanner nanner.

      Show me the features!
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic