      From: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com [mailto: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Mike Beedle
      Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:43 PM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [scrumdevelopment] UseCases in the Backlog / WAS: Requirements for Mission Critical systems

      David Roberts wrote:
      > Where I'm as, we write use cases in a low-precision format.

      David,

      Good, then you are closer to stories then.  In most large corporate
      environments, UCs now range from 5 - 25 pages, way too long to be agile.
      (I have worked with a myriad of templates that are in many cases even
      longer.)

      David Roberts wrote:
      > I think the principles you've defined can be kept in mind regardless of
      > whether you use use cases or user stories.

      I agree.

      As long as we use the same principles, in the end it doesn't matter how we
      call things, Use Cases, Stories or Backlog Items, if they convey the same
      information.

      - Mike