7592Re: [scrumdevelopment] Help Wanted ... Introducing Agile

  • Mike Cohn
    May 28, 2005
      Clarke--
      If you go to http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/presentations.php you can
      scroll down and see "An Overview of Scrum," which is a fully redistributable
      and reusable presentation on Scrum. Almost all of what is there should apply
      to a general intro to agile. That presentation is available as actual
      PowerPoint slides. There are others ("Selecting An Agile Process") that you
      may want to draw some ideas from if you want to incorporate mention of some
      of the xp practices.

      Good luck,
      Mike Cohn

      On 5/28/05 8:13 AM, "Clarke Ching lists" <lists@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > As part of my personal campaign to spread the good word about Agile, I've
      > enthusiastically volunteered to do an "introduction to agile software
      > development" presentation to an industry group here in Scotland. Here's the
      > very important presentation for me, career and confidence wise, and an
      > important audience.
      >
      > The problem: So far I've spent hours and hours preparing my presentation.
      > But I've now reached the point where I'm so deep inside of my subject that
      > not only can't I see the forest, but I'm having trouble seeing the trees
      > too. I think that the basic problem is that I'm trying to prove that agile
      > is best and I'm getting hung up on the logic. It's obvious, when I walk
      > through what I have got so far, that there's too much theory and not enough
      > practical stuff.
      >
      > Can anyone out there recommend a good 45-60 minute "Intoduction to Agile
      > Software Development" presentation suitable for wallets rather than techies?
      >

      > I don't want to plagarise it, or even use it, just to read it and compare
      > with what I've got at the moment.
      >
      > Clarke

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic