7344FW: [scrumdevelopment] The Ultimate Software Development Office Layout

  • Mike Beedle
    May 5 5:56 AM

      Todd,

      Nice write-up.  BullPen is definitely an agile pattern.  (A few hundreds emails ago, I wrote it

      in pattern format to this group.)

      I agree with most everything, but I have a point on this one:

      Arrange desktops so people are not looking directly at each other.

      Over they years, in our BullPen, we have tried it both facing away and facing to each other.

      But we definitely like it better facing to each other.  For once, it is easier to look over your

      Our laptops and have a Daily Scrum, a round-table discussion, or be in a conference call, etc.

      There is also something about looking at people’s faces and their eyes when you talk…

      it builds trust and respect, specially when you are either telling what you did, or promising what

      you will do, (as in the Daily Scrums),

      - Mike