      From: David H. [mailto:dmalloc@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, 5 April 2005 5:59 PM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] pigs vs chickens

      On Apr 5, 2005 4:20 AM, w6rabbit <bwhite@...> wrote:

      > One thing we do differently, is that managers typically are not
      > allowed to speak.
      > We DO allow project managers to speak, but only about things related
      > to the product they are managing on.
      Speak where? In your daily Scrum?
      <snip>
      How do manage to finish in 15 minutes with all this chatter?

      > In short, we see them as part of our team.  They *don't* get to ask
      > questions of talk about purely manager things, like what someone else
      > is working on.

      If they are product owners toward your team they are not part of your
      team and will never be. If they have concerns or wish to add, prepare
      or come up with different ways of guiding your work, that is what the
      product backlog is for when it comes to goal changing issues. Apart
      from that they should of course be allowed to communicate with the
      team during the Planning meetings for each sprint. After that the team
      should be left alone and no longer disturbed.