612Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Alternative to EGroups + scrum in a "management" org

    Oct 6, 2002
      On Sunday, October 6, 2002, at 10:17:29 PM, Mike Cohn wrote:

      > 2) I don't really go into Scrum and what it's all about. I use the name
      > "Scrum" but I don't say, "we're going to make this group agile etc...".
      > Rather, I just describe an approach--stress that you're doing the
      > project in one month increments and that during that one month the
      > developers commit to completing everything they sign up for and that you
      > want the business to commit to not changing things (that doesn't sound
      > like a problem in your case).

      I thought that in Scrum the developers commit to completing as much as
      they can, not as much as is provided? What am I missing?

      Thanks,

      Speculation or experimentation - which is more likely to give the correct answer?
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic