5886Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Multi-Project Development with Limited Resources

    Jan 5, 2005
      On Wednesday, January 5, 2005, at 2:03:04 PM, Clarke Ching wrote:

      >> a) Unfortunately for us our company, as many do, has won a
      > bid for this project on a fixed price contract basis.
      > So we get a big sum of money, divided in monthly payments
      > over a period of two years, to finance the ongoing
      > development effort. ... He has the right
      > to not give us any further work in the future, if not
      > satisfied.

      > That is kinda unfortunate! So there is no immediate motivation for your
      > company to deliver any earlier than promised.

      Unless getting parts sooner than promised might make him more
      satisfied ...

      > In fact, by the sound of it,
      > would you lose money if you did?

      Unless it's really underbid, in which case you'd lose less by
      getting done sooner, lose fewer people by working less overtime, or
      get more money by making him happy ...

      I could be wrong, but I'm not. --Eagles, Victim of Love
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic